Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Cute Factor

So I was told by The Fireman that it has been 4 days since my last post and that proper blog ettiquette is one blog entry every other day...

Caleb must have taken some "cute" pills this morning with his vitamins. The Hubby was home for a bit this morning hanging out with us and I was getting Zac changed from his jammies. Caleb comes over and starts pointing out his belly butt(on). Then he proceeds to point out everyones belly butt(on). When we asked him where Zac's belly button was, he says "That's not Zacky, that's Peanut."

"What?" was our reply.

"He's Peanut and I'm Punkin." The names we call them...Haven't ever heard Calebuse those names before.

Then, I took the boys to JoAnn's Fabrics today to get some safety pins. We are standing in the corridor and I am grabbing a basket and loading Zac in the back. I turn around to get Caleb and put him in front and I see him standing in front of the automatic doors with eyes as wide as saucers. I think it just clicked at that moment that he has complete control over the function of the door. He would take one step forward... Doors open... Then one step back... Doors close... Repeat about a hundred times. The expression on his face was priceless. I especially liked the exclamations of "Whoa!" and "Look at that! Did you see that?!" "They open for me!"

Watching him "control" the doors like that reminded me of Travis' blog on the same subject. Only Travis does a "finger wave" ala Jean Luc Picard.

Oh to be a kid again with all its new discoveries.

Thanks for being patient with my "irregular" blog postings. I'll try to be better...

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I miss having the young ones in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I just wanted to come by and say congrats for winning the Fabby Feet Giveaway! I have a new Drabby to Fabby post up :)

    Email me your shipping info when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning the drabby to fabby contest!!! I think I'm going to enter my daughter in the eye makeup contest..She has beautiful eyes and her makeup is alway done perfect!!

    ReplyDelete