Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stand Up Old Guy

So The Hubby is gonna hate me for this one...

If you read my blog from last night then you know that he is in Wisconsin. He has some old childhood friends that live there now. They kinda planned the trip around the Michigan State Wisconsin football game.

So I turned on the tube to scroll through college football and I stopped at that game. They periodically show shots of the stadium and it is just a sea of red. I would occasionally get a glimpse of green... but not many.

I sent him a text and jokingly asked if he was the lonely green guy.

His response: "Heck no! I am not wearing my jersey. I'm dead center of the student section. There is one guy wearing green. His experience is really bad. The students are treating him very bad."

Me: "So its that guy I see then. Hope you are at least having fun. Maybe State can come back in the 2nd half and actually play the game instead of giving it away."

The Hubby: "The guys in my section have been referring to me as 'old guy'. Stand up old guy is a disturbing chant. Especially when there are 1,000 kids pointing at you."

Poor guy. He's such a die hard MSU fan too... and it's hard to be a MSU fan lately. Someone needs to introduce them to Gatorade because they always throw away the game in the last quarter/half.

At least Oklahoma is faring pretty good with the temporary loss of Sam Bradford. Landry Jones I think is doing an outsatanding job as a red-shirt Freshman. Big 12 Player of the Week last week. And last week he broke the record for most TD passes in a game (6). Sam Bradford held the record with 5. I think OU is gonna do just fine.

Funny thing is that MSU QB Keith Nichols was formerly of OU. He originally signed with MSU then decided to go to OU. Was there a year and didn't like being behind Sam Bradford because he didn't get to play. Hmmm... Wonder why??? So he went back to MSU. After Sam got hurt a few weeks ago and Landry had to step in, they wound up losing that game. I heard a commentator on the MSU game speaking of Keith Nichols saying "I bet Oklahoma wishes they still had Kieth". Ummm... NO! Seriously... he still wouldn't be playing. Landry Jones is twice the QB that Kieth Nichols is. Props to Coach Stoops and his team... they have a way of picking outstanding players.

Will they go all the way this year? Not sure... but they won't go down without a fight that's for sure.

Sorry for the football rant... I didn't get my official "rant" in this week so I figured I might as well do it now while we are on topic.

Sidenote:
I did NOT eat all my ice cream last night. Decided after about half I should save some for later. Not sure how I convinced myself of that one, but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment