Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cheap Entertainment

Ok... so let me start with a little background information. We live on a dead-end street that's only about a block long. The street has a slight incline to it and if you go half way up you can get a nice coasting speed going. My house is situated at said point.

Today I was sitting in the floor playing with my two boys. It was a nice day so I had the windows open.

These 4 guys came walking up my street. They were making a lot of noise as guys often do so they instantly caught Caleb's attention. We have a big picture window in our living room that looks out the front and into the street. So he ran right over to see what they were doing.

Let me take a minute to describe the 4 guys in front of my house. All 4 guys were older... highschool age. Guy1 was average build and a little taller. Guy2 was average build. Guy3 was tall and skinny. Guy4 was... well... he had to be at least 200 pounds.

4 guys. 2 skateboards. Now comes the fun part.

Guy1 lays down on his board on his stomach and bends his knees so his feet are in the air. Guy2 sits on top of him and holds onto his legs and they go rolling down the street.

Cheers and high-fives commence.

They come back and Guy1 again lays down flat on his stomach and Guy2 lays down flat on top of him, also on his stomach.

Guys 3 & 4 think this is "awesome" so they decide to try it.

So Guy4 lays on top of Guy3. Now keep in mind Guy3 is the skinny one. They didn't get very far before they toppled over.

Next, Guy1 sat on the back of the board and wrapped his legs around Guy2 seated in front. Guy3/4 did the same. This time they raced. Didn't see who won.

Then, the louge. One guy flat on his back the other laying on top. Only this time Guy4 was on bottom of his team. Loud yells of approval and I think someone fell off.

End of show. I guess you never know what you might see when 4 guys get bored. Caleb wanted to know where the "funny guys" went when they didn't come back.

Hope you enjoyed my first official blog.

1 comment: