Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Tomato Collection

I have been enlightened... now let me enlighten you!

My friend Nicole introduced me to The Tomato Collection by Kevin Kammeraad. I have heard her talk about The Tomato Collection before, but never really followed up with it. (Sorry, Nicole) It's "one of those things" where I was genuinely interested but when I had the opportunity to check it out the information would get lost in the black abyss that becomes my mind on occasions.

Anyway, Nicole saw Kevin recently at the Celebration on the Grand in downtown GR. Her blog contains an impromptu interview she had with Kevin. Read that here. She is giving away a signed copy of his book The Tomato Collection that I would be stoked to get. Now that I have a blog, I finally have the opportunity to win. (Keep your fingers crossed)

I went to Kevin's site and checked out some of his works. My oldest, Caleb (2 1/2), was in the room with me at the time. He was excited by the colorful pictures and the catchy poems. He kept saying "Can we read that one again?"

Kevin also has a link where you can listen to one of his songs from The Tomato Collection cd. We heard "A Pickle for My Christmas Tree" which is a hilarious adaptation of The Twelve Days of Christmas. Caleb was bouncing and dancing and spinning to the tune.

So, if I don't have the privilege of winning this giveaway I will definitely be purchasing some of Kevin's books and CD.

You can check out Nicole's blog, Bellies and Babies, here. And while you're at it, surf on over to The Tomato Collection and check out Kevin's site too.

No comments:

Post a Comment